PDA

View Full Version : How to Change the source folder

sbClarion
01-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Hi,

After moving my development enviroment to a virtual machine I`m now having a different folder for my applications files.

What used to be F:\fakturautv is now E:\winvask_source, so I want to do a search and replace of the folder name - But, "No can do" (No menu option as I can see)

So I`ve exported the install script to a text file, did the search and replace (of foldername) in notepad, but cant find an "Import script from Text file" option?

I can (If I`d like) double click on each of my "many many" sourcefiles and change the "source" folder manually, but this will take ages. :mad:

I also have every filename duplicated in the Code sign part of the script.

I just want to "Point-Click-and distribute" :D

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne

linder
01-23-2011, 11:52 PM
Tor-Bjarne,

First of all, you should use compiler variables to define soure path names (see "Compiler Variables Best Practices" in the manual). This lets you create "portable" projects. It's not a good idea to hard-code paths! NEVER do this.

To change the source path definitions, you can use 'Project' | 'Convert File Source Paths'

But this can only help to fix your design issue in the "File Installation(s) action. If you have "hard coded" paths in other functions, then you have to fix this manually. I would suggest to switch to the portable concept and use compiler variables here. Then you only have to change one compiler variable value if you change the source paths again in the future ;)

Hope this helps.

Friedrich

linder
01-23-2011, 11:54 PM
BTW, the "#code-sign application..." compiler directive supports wildcards. So perhaps you can fix your issue by replacing your code-sign actions with a single wildcard-powered directive.

Friedrich