PDA

View Full Version : install hangs wiht Wait Dialogs

Unregistered
01-25-2011, 12:59 PM
The install seems to hang once in a while when closing a Wait Dialog. I have only tested it on a Win7 x64 machine but I belive we have seen similar issues on different Windows OSs. Basically, the process is still running but the Wait Dialogs are not being shown and it never seems to finish the installation. We are using version 7.3.3195.0. I made a test script to test this by writing to a text file before, during and after a Wait Dialog is used. It seems to freeze while trying to close the Wait Dialog and before the last write to the text file. Not sure what is causing this but if you would like I can include the test script that I am seeing this issue with. If you do this procedure enough times during the installation, it seems pretty easy to reproduce on this system.

Thanks

linder
01-25-2011, 11:59 PM
Hello,

If you are interested, please start your setup with the /E event logging switch (e.g. setup.exe /E) and send the test script and the resulting c:\sbevents.txt (from the install that "hangs") to support [at] lindersoft [dot] com.

We have not received any similar report (and SetupBuilder powers quite a few million installs), so it's possibe that this is "machine specific". But to be on the safe side, we'll try to reproduce this with your script.

Thanks,
Friedrich

linder
01-26-2011, 08:45 AM
Thank you for the project file. Item in review.

Friedrich

linder
01-28-2011, 05:40 AM
Hello,

We have released a Development Build:

http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30909

Does this fix the issue for you?

Thanks,
Friedrich

Unregistered
01-28-2011, 08:30 AM
Yes this seems to fix the issue. Thank you very much for the quick turn around time. I tried running my test project several times and did not experience the issue at all.

Thanks

linder
01-28-2011, 08:32 AM
Thank you so much for your help and the good news! :)

Friedrich