PDA

View Full Version : SB7 hangs on compiling

Unregistered
04-03-2011, 02:07 AM
I have a .sb6 file which compiles fine under SetupBuilder6

I load it into SB7 and save it as a .sb7 file, and SB7 (7.3.3228) hangs when it compiles. This happens after it creates the installer exe and the htm log file (which reports no warning or errors). But the only way out is by launching task manager. (I'm using Windows 7, 64bit).

It is quite a complicated file with various 'releases', but compiling them all fom a batch file:

================
set prj=C:\Users\Public\Documents\AppInstall\Installer 09

start /wait sb7.exe /c %prj%\languagePlugIn09.sb7 /R "Dutch"
start /wait sb7.exe /c %prj%\languagePlugIn09.sb7 /R "French"
start /wait sb7.exe /c %prj%\languagePlugIn09.sb7 /R "German"
start /wait sb7.exe /c %prj%\languagePlugIn09.sb7 /R "Italian"
start /wait sb7.exe /c %prj%\languagePlugIn09.sb7 /R "Spanish"
start /wait sb7.exe /c %prj%\languagePlugIn09.sb7 /R "Swedish"

pause
================

seems to work fine.

But I need to compile it from the IDE to debug it.

Any ideas?

Dave

---
David Webber
Mozart Music Software

linder
04-03-2011, 02:44 AM
David,

We have not received any similar report and the command line compiler did not change from SB6 to SB7. And we did not receive any report from build automation vendors (e.g. BuildAutomator or FinalBuilder).

A compiler.txt file is created if there was a compile error. The log file is located in C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Lindersoft\SetupBuilder 7. Is such a log file created?

BTW, we are doing hundreds of complex command line test builds per day and it never hung up. So it seems to be either project or machine specific. Perhaps the compiler.txt can give us more information.

Friedrich

linder
04-03-2011, 02:53 AM
I re-read your post. As I understand it, the command line compile works okay, but the compile from the IDE hangs.

Would it be possibe to send your project file and compiler .htm to our Support (support [at] lindersoft [dot] com).?

Friedrich

linder
05-02-2011, 06:08 AM
Dave,

The use of the timed #msgbox compiler directive in your script causes this :( Works okay in SB6, fails in SB7. Item in review, thank you!

Friedrich