PDA

View Full Version : backupdir in root !

Unregistered
05-04-2011, 02:05 AM
hello,
i create a new update installation with setupbuilder 7.4 developer.
the default value of the property "backup replaced files" at "general information" are true.
when i dosnt set the backupdir, the backup files are in the root ! ("c:\")
this is very very bad

linder
05-04-2011, 02:08 AM
Hello,

Well, the question is, who set the backup folder to the root ;). SetupBuilder does not do this <g>

You can send your .sb7 project to our Support and we'll fix it in your project file for you.

Does this help?

Friedrich

linder
05-04-2011, 02:16 AM
BTW, the following (default) line in your script defines the backup folder:

! %_SB_BACKUPDIR% holds the path that all backup files will be copied to when overwritten
Set Variable %_SB_BACKUPDIR% to "%_SB_INSTALLDIR%\BACKUP"

Hope this helps.

Friedrich

Unregistered
05-04-2011, 03:25 AM
Well, the question is, who set the backup folder to the root ;)

SetupBuilder set the backupfolder to the root !

i create a new update setup
i dosnt set the variable backup
and SetupBuilder copy the files to the root !

linder
05-04-2011, 03:29 AM
Just upload your script (or send it to our Support) and we'll tell you what you did wrong :). Absolutely no problem.

Friedrich

Unregistered
05-05-2011, 05:12 AM
setupbuilder is a very good product !
i use it since two month
but i was shocked when I saw this with our customer

i fix it now.. i deaktivate the internal backup
but your next customer can have the same problem
it should probably not be performed backup if the variable is not filled

Just upload your script (or send it to our Support) and we'll tell you what you did wrong :). Absolutely no problem.
Friedrich

linder
05-05-2011, 05:38 AM
Hi,

With all due respect, but I am sorry to say that you are wrong. This has absolutely nothing to do with SetupBuilder at all. YOU changed the default backup directory!!!

If you want, you can even set the backup folder to the Windows subfolder, or remove the Windows folder or format the users hard drives from a SetupBuilder app. It's all your decision! SetupBuilder is a development tool, but not a mind reading machine. You, the developer, tell SetupBuilder what it has to do.

Do you see what I mean?

BTW, we have quite a few thousand SetupBuilder users doing millions of installations per day. Do you find any thread with a similar "problem" here on the NGs ;)

By default, all SetupBuilder created installation projects store backup files in the BACKUP subfolder under the installation folder. You have (for whatever unknown reason) changed this backup path.

Hope this clears things up.

Friedrich

linder
05-05-2011, 05:41 AM
> i deaktivate the internal backup

BTW, my offer still stands. Send your project to our Support and we'll fix it for you in your .sb7 project file. Disabling a backup feature is not a good solution (IMO)!

Friedrich