PDA

View Full Version : Incomplete Installation

Unregistered
05-20-2011, 01:55 PM
On 5/16/11, I downloaded SB7 Professional trial software.

I have a dBASE Plus 2.62 program consisting of 17 files including 4 tables. The OS is Windows 7. The dBASE Plus executable works fine.
In deployment everything seems to work normally , but not entirely as expected. Testing and Running the Compiled project script with the Wizard only sends to the destination folder the Uninstall EXE, the Configuration File and the location folder for the files used to generate the Script. The Uninstall.exe works as expected, but the Myprog.exe program does not exist or I cannot find it.

My repeated attempts produce the same results everytime.

I would like to buy the software as it sure looks good. However, it seems I do not know how to deploy a simple Myprog.exe using it. I would appreciate any comment.

Norman Snowden, duluth@msn.com

linder
05-21-2011, 03:35 AM
Norman,

Could you post the compiler generated .htm file and the uninstall .log so we can see which files you "packaged"?

You can also send your project file (.sb7) to our Support (support [at] lindersoft [dot] com) and we'll review it for you to give some suggestions.

Friedrich

Norman
05-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Friedrich,

I am not sure this is the info you referred to. However,

Compiler variable - [Unstall_log]
Type - Userdefined
Current Value - %_SB_InstallDIR%\Uninst_[PRODUCTNAME].log]

HTML Report
c:\Users\Norman Snowden\Documents\SetupBuilder Projects\Mykinda.exe\Your Project Name-1\Your Project Name-1.htm

Thanks for your response, Norman

linder
05-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Hi Norman,

Sorry for the confusion. What we need is the "Your Project Name-1.htm" file itself, not only the location of it.

I think the best way to continue is to send the .sb7 project file, the "Your Project Name-1.htm" compiler log and the (runtime created) uninstall .log to our support [at] lindersoft [dot] com and we can help you. These files provide all information we need.

Friedrich

Norman
05-22-2011, 10:57 AM
Friedrich,

Thank you for your help. You were right that I must not have included my Executable file along with the other files. After I added that file my deployment application successfully generated. I have downloaded the support PDF file.

Norman

linder
05-23-2011, 01:01 AM
Hi Norman,

PERFECT :)

Friedrich