PDA

View Full Version : custom installation status mesages

vz2rjohnson
06-07-2011, 06:00 AM
Hello,

first off i would like to say thank you to lindersoft for such a great product in developer edition! now heres the question: is there a way to have custon installation status messages during the copying files stage for each componant as it installs? example: I have a client who has over three thousand photos in about 60 categories and she wants each category to be its own componant. now here is where the custom messages come into play, she wants to be comical with her installer so as the different componants are installing during the file copy progess the status will say things like "dumping photos 'mac os x rules collection' into photo cache", "transmitting library 'broadcast images' to local HDD", "caching collection 'web graphics' to local web source directory" and so on. can this be accomplished and if so how?

linder
06-07-2011, 06:31 AM
Hello,

Yes, no problem :) You can use the "Progress Dialog: Status Text..." script function to directly update the status text of a Progress Bar dialog.

Friedrich

vz2rjohnson
06-07-2011, 06:37 AM
in the script logic, whre would these status change elements go? within the section defining the feature or in the section that describes the progress dialog?

linder
06-07-2011, 07:21 AM
The SetupScript language is completely from "top to bottom". So I would suggest to use that function in the "Install Files" section.

Let us assume, you are using a dynamic (with wildcard) "Install Files" command to package a few hundred images for a specific category. Then just update the text in the Progress Bar dialog one line before that install file action.

Friedrich

vz2rjohnson
06-07-2011, 08:00 AM
Oh man!

Linder your a lifesaver!

Thanks for everything

linder
06-07-2011, 08:06 AM
You are very welcome, Richard.

Friedrich

vz2rjohnson
06-07-2011, 08:18 AM
I have been found out... lol how did you knwo my first i dion't think i've posted it anywhere in the forums... that was funny though.

linder
06-07-2011, 08:28 AM
;) Oops <g>

You are working on a very interesting project. Just let me know if you have any further questions or if you need more help.

Friedrich