PDA

View Full Version : Directory question

kevinb
06-18-2011, 12:17 PM
The app I'm installing creates a few temp directories and files within them, so when I run the uninstall it leaves those remnants and never completely deletes the install directory. How can I force the uninstall to remove the install directory and anything in it completely? I'm sure I'm missing something stupid. Thanks.

Kevin

Unregistered
06-19-2011, 02:22 AM
The app I'm installing creates a few temp directories and files within them, so when I run the uninstall it leaves those remnants and never completely deletes the install directory. How can I force the uninstall to remove the install directory and anything in it completely? I'm sure I'm missing something stupid. Thanks.

See "Delete Directories Not Created With my installation?" (Uninstall Contents) in the online help. You can use all script functions in your custom uninstall. I did the same yesterday and it works perfect.

Peter

kevinb
06-19-2011, 10:52 AM
Thanks Peter, I'll check it out. I must have missed that somehow in the online help when I glanced over it. :)

Kevin

kevinb
06-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Ok, got that working. Thanks for the info Peter. However in testing the installer I came across a small "anomoly". I have the default install dir set as "c:\". If I run the installer without changing where I want to install it creates the directory structure fine and install is fine. However, in the install where it asks you to install it shows only "C:" without the backslash. Which means if you just type in a directory you want to install to it doesnt work because the backslash isnt there. Yet it is implied for the "default" install directory. I can't seem to find any way to force the backslash to be in the default path for the installer, so that instead of always showing just "C:" it shows "C:\" so when a user types in a directory name they dont have to remember to add the backslash. Is this possible?

Kevin

Unregistered
06-20-2011, 12:24 AM
Ok, got that working. Thanks for the info Peter. However in testing the installer I came across a small "anomoly". I have the default install dir set as "c:\". If I run the installer without changing where I want to install it creates the directory structure fine and install is fine. However, in the install where it asks you to install it shows only "C:" without the backslash. Which means if you just type in a directory you want to install to it doesnt work because the backslash isnt there. Yet it is implied for the "default" install directory. I can't seem to find any way to force the backslash to be in the default path for the installer, so that instead of always showing just "C:" it shows "C:\" so when a user types in a directory name they dont have to remember to add the backslash. Is this possible?

Kevin,

A default install dir set as "C:\" is really a no-no. If you don't want to install it to the Windows Logo recommended location, you should set it as "C:\Your Program Name". And that's still not okay. It really should be "C:\Program Files\Your Program Name".

Peter

linder
06-21-2011, 04:37 AM
Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately, all emails to you bounced back. I sent several emails with the same results :(

<kevin@*****.org>:
173.214.***.61 failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 554 Rejecting due to security policy (SA:1106210552020200)

Could you please "whitelist" our domain?

Friedrich

kevinb
06-21-2011, 06:11 AM
This should be fixed now. Not sure why the filter was stopping emails.