PDA

View Full Version : A couple of typos

Bob Campbell
11-17-2011, 06:55 PM
In SB7, when I click on Help | Learning SetupBuilder Help, then click Yes on a Download dialog, the next quick dialog has "Documemtation Live-Update" in the title.

In SB7, when I click on Help | Reference Manual (.pdf), the sbuilder.pdf opens instead, and the title page of the document says it's the Developer's Guide, which may be a reference manual, but I don't like wondering if the 3 things are all the same or not.

On page 21 in the SetupBuilder 7.5 Developer's Guide / Reference Manual, in the second paragraph, it has Serial Number Generator listed twice.

linder
11-18-2011, 04:21 AM
Bob,

"Documemtation" typo fixed, thank you.

The "Learning SetupBuilder Part I" and the "Reference Manual" (aka the SetupBuilder Developer's Guide) are (two) different things.

2nd "Serial Number Generator" item removed from page 21, thank you!!!!

Friedrich

linder
11-18-2011, 04:29 AM
FIX : (sync from SB8) [SB#111182] IDE: Typo in the "Documentation Live-Update" progress dialog.

Friedrich

CMS Software
12-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Typos are difficult to find for some reason. Years ago when our company produced our very first printed brochure we had every employee read over the source document and sign off on any corrections that needed to be made. Once everybody had given the "OK" on the entire document, we sent the thing off to the printer.:)

There was high excitement on the day the boxes arrived by UPS with our new brochures. We held a party to celebrate. We opened one of the big boxes and THEN everybody noticed that the company name was spelled wrong!:mad: Nobody had checked the obvious stuff like company name.

Also, our minds have a tendency to read things that we have produced as correct even when it is not.