PDA

View Full Version : Recurse sub folders question

Tom H.
12-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Friedrich,

When installing files if I specify a destination folder, and select the recurse sub folders option, does the aggregate files all install into the designated destination folder regardless of the source folder location?

For example, if I have FileX in folder \Source, and FileY in \Source\SubFolder, with a target destination of folder \MyProgram on the target machine, with recurse turned on, do both FileX and FileY end up in folder \MyProgram?

Thanks,
Tom

linder
12-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi Tom,

If you have the "Recurse subfolders" option enabled then it will also "store" the folder tree structure. Let us assume, you package all files and folders from ..\Source\*.* (and Source has a subfolder named "SubFolder").

In this case, FileX will be installed into ..\MyProgram\ and FileY will go into ..\MyProgram\SubFolder

Does this help?

Friedrich

Tom H.
12-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Well, it answers the question...:(

Thanks,
Tom

linder
12-13-2011, 12:13 AM
Hi Tom,

So as I understand it, this is not what you are trying to do? Do you need an option to recurse sub-folders but then install all the files (from different source-tree levels) into the same folder?

Friedrich

Tom H.
12-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Yes, in this case I'm trying to organize/track discrete files that all end up in the same place. I've figured out another way to do it for now, but it might be nice to have the option to recurse without enforcing the tree structure.

Thanks again,
Tom

linder
12-13-2011, 11:11 AM
Hi Tom,

It should not be a problem to add such an option. We'll investigate it.

Thank you for your suggestion!

Friedrich

linder
12-16-2011, 09:13 AM
Hi Tom,

"Do not save complete subfolder tree info" option added.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

Friedrich

Tom H.
12-19-2011, 09:23 PM
Wow -- thanks again for quick responses and suberb support!!

Tom