PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Shortcut Target

BobTaylor
02-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Using SB 7.6.3576
I just saw that when I go into either modify an existing shortcut or create a new one, the search for the target file under the Advanced tab does not give me any files in the application folder. This used to work fine.

I also noticed the the view to drill down into the folder shows the application folder under "Always Install", wich is correct, but I have a sub folder under the application folder that appears incorrectly under always install instead of a leaf on the app tree.

Too confusing??? Let me know I can try to give you a better explanation.

linder
02-09-2012, 12:11 AM
Hi Bob,

Hmm, the "Browse For File..." dialog looks strange. "Layouts" should be under the "Application Folder" item, not under "Always Install".

Could you please send your project file (.sb7) to support [at] lindersoft [dot] com and we'll review the underlying structure of your script. IMO, something went "out-of-sync". BTW, did you "drag and drop" items in the Files and Folders Visualizer?

Friedrich

dbuechel
02-10-2012, 05:10 AM
Hey,

i have the same problem ! - And the biggest problem is - that not shortcut placed on the desktop - no matter what i set.

linder
02-10-2012, 05:17 AM
Hello,

IMO, this is not related. If you are interested, just send us your project file and we can tell you what problem you have in your project! There is no Desktop shortcut bug in SB.

Friedrich

linder
02-10-2012, 05:22 AM
I have attached s simple demo for you. This creates the Desktop shortcut.

Just send your .sb7 and we'll fix it for you in your project.

Friedrich

Fabian Fuller
02-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Same problem trying to create a shortcut. Browse for Files shows empty.
Same version, using Developer evaluation (just downloaded/installed yesterday).

Fabian

linder
02-10-2012, 08:06 AM
Fabian,

Please send your .sb7 file to support [at] lindersoft [dot] com and we'll review your project.

Friedrich

linder
02-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Fabian,

Hmm, I think we can reproduce it here. There seems to be a problem with the "Browse to File..." dialog. Item in review.

Thank you for the report.

Friedrich

linder
02-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Bob,

I think we can reproduce it here. There seems to be a problem with the "Browse to File..." dialog. Item in review.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Friedrich

linder
02-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Update: I think we have fixed it now. It was caused by a bug fix in the latest SetupBuilder 7.6 that introduced this regression.

Thanks again for the reports.

Friedrich

linder
02-11-2012, 09:09 AM
We have released the new Build #3595 -- this should fix it.

Friedrich

BobTaylor
02-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Thank you Friedrich.

Sorry for not responding sooner. Something about a ton of work on my back :)

Glad to see other chime in on this. I appreciate your support.

Bob Taylor
Eureka, CA