PDA

View Full Version : How to activate serial number dialog?

Fabian Fuller
02-15-2012, 04:38 PM
Hi,

I've found how to generate a list of serial numbers. But, I can't seem to find how to make the dialog happen that asks the user to enter a serial number.

I've found the User Info dialog accepts the serial number. But, how to make it work?

Thanks,
Fabian Fuller
SB 7.6.3595 Developer evaluation

linder
02-16-2012, 12:56 AM
Fabian,

Please follow the instructions in the manual (see attached screenshot).

You have different options. I have developed a demo project for you (see attached fabian.zip). It makes use of the "User Info" dialog to verify the serial number.

A serial number taken from the generated serial number list is: 26834-686-3030630-43798. Compile and run the attached demo.

IMPORTANT: the above serial number does only work with the SB evaluation version!

Does this help?

Friedrich

Fabian Fuller
02-16-2012, 05:17 AM
Thank you, Friedrich,

I don't know how many times I read that documentation about adding the User Info dialog before I posted for help. SetupBuilder and its documentation are so amazingly comprehensive, yet I missed one, tiny, now obvious, point.

I was searching everywhere for the User Info dialog, except by actually pressing the [Add] button at Setup Appearance>Dialogs.

Perhaps if the documentation included a digital sledgehammer that reached out and tapped me on the head and said, "Hey! Press the [Add] button!"

Thanks for your thorough explanation, and for the demo.

I'm learning.

Fabian

linder
02-16-2012, 05:25 AM
Hi Fabian,

<g> :)

You are very welcome. Just let us know if you have any questions!

Friedrich