PDA

View Full Version : ActiveX exe not registered properly

DJamison
03-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Hello,
I changed my vb6 application to work with an out of process ActiveX exe, where previously it was using a dll.
I built an Update install with Setup builder 7 and everything works fine:)
My full install for this app was in setup builder 6, so I upgraded it to version 7, changed out the dll with the ActiveX exe, and after running the install the ActiveX exe is not recognized when testing that part of the app.
Running my update install, described in the first paragraph fixed the problem so that the app worked.
Since my update install worked I then tried the update install file as the starting point for a full install, adding 50 or so files as required for the full app. Running the new install did not make the App work with the ActiveX exe. This is very puzzling as I did not adjust how the ActiveX exe was installed. Again I ran the original update I made described in paragraph 1 and the app started working with the ActiveX exe.

Thanks in advance for your help
Dave

linder
03-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Dave,

And your question is <g> ;) I think you have an issue with your deployment strategy, so as I understand it, this is not a SetupBuilder problem.

Friedrich

linder
03-01-2012, 11:11 AM
BTW, make sure that you did not forget some dependency files for your ActiveX. If an ActiveX does not register, a dependency file is missing in most cases.

Hope this helps.

Friedrich