PDA

View Full Version : Code Sign error

kkolo
04-11-2012, 03:17 PM
I have a Code-Sign Application directive at the top of my script (see attached screen shot of the dialog).

I am getting an error at the end of the compile ...

------------------------------- Compilation finished -------------------------------

Processing post compilation tasks...
Code-signing: C:\DropBox\Installers\SetupBuilder\FULL\Setup.exe
SIGNCODE
Compiler warning GEN1061: File not found:
Compiler warning GEN1061: File not found:
Compiler error GEN1053: Code signing process failed. Error Code: -1

--------------------------------------- Done ---------------------------------------

i double checked the password for the .pfx

And the file C:\DropBox\Installers\SetupBuilder\FULL\Setup.exe does exist.

Any advice?

- Kathy

linder
04-12-2012, 02:08 AM
Kathy,

Yes. You tried to code-sign with your .PFX , but you are using "SIGNCODE". Signcode.exe makes use of the .PVK/.SPC files. So you forgot to switch to "SIGNTOOL" ;-) Switch to signtool.exe and you are done.

Tools | Options... | "File Locations" tab (see attached screenshot).

Does this help?

Friedrich

linder
04-12-2012, 04:52 AM
Kathy,

And a quick note: please do NOT use the preprocessor directive to code-sign your setup.exe!!!!

Please use "General Information" -> Digital Signature (see attached screenshot). This will automatically code-sign your install and uninstall application!

You can use the compiler directive to code-sign external files (e.g. your own app.exe or DLLs, etc.).

Friedrich

kkolo
04-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the information. I'm still having an issue though..

I set up the General Information Code sign (see attached)
and under Tools | Options File Locations I set what looks right - but, maybe I am missing something.

At any rate the Uninstall.exe appears to be codeSigned but the Setup.exe is not.

What am I doing wrong?

- Kathy

linder
04-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Kathy,

If your uninstall.exe is code signed then the setup.exe is code signed as well.

Why do you think that your setup.exe is not signed?

Friedrich

kkolo
04-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Because when I go to the Setup.exe - and right click - Properties - there should be a 'Digital Signatures' tab with the code-signing information. But, there is not.

- Kathy

kkolo
04-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Also,

I just checked the Uninstall.exe and it also is not actually code-signed.
There is no 'Digital Signatures' tab and when I run it - next to Publisher -- it says 'Unknown'

linder
04-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Kathy,

I think you are checking the wrong file(s). And in your "Executable File [EXENAME]" you are still using a runtime variable (%_SB_RELEASEID%). Runtime variables are only available (and resolved) at installer runtime, not at compile time!

Next problem I see is your use of [INSTALLDIR]. You set "Installation Directory [INSTALLDIR]" to [INSTALLDIR]. That is not possible because you try to define a compiler variable with itself ;-) What you can do is to set "Installation Directory [INSTALLDIR]" to [MY_INSTALLDIR] and programmatically set the value of [MY_INSTALLDIR] which defines the [INSTALLDIR] value.

Does this help?

Friedrich

linder
04-12-2012, 11:53 AM
See attached screenshot. If you set "Executable File [EXENAME]" to "%_SB_RELEASEID%.exe" then the compiler will generate a "%_SB_RELEASEID%.exe" file and not a "setup.exe"

Friedrich

linder
04-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Aha, wait. And set "Media Type" to "Single-file image". Don't use the CD-ROM option any longer in the modern UAC-world. This will then code-sign both the setup.exe and the uninstall.

And if you really have to create multiple volumes, use the "Custom (for UAC-aware systems) Media Type option.

Friedrich

kkolo
04-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Thanks again,

I'll re-check everything and let you know how it goes. ;-)

- Kathy

kkolo
04-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Incidentally the files I was checking were not literally setup.exe and untinstall.exe - that's just the generic name I used to communicate what was happening.

But, I will check all of you suggestions and, like I said before, will let you know how it turns out.

- Kathy

linder
04-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Kathy,

BTW, you are working on a very interesting project. If we could be of any help, please do not hesitate to send your .sb7 to our support [at] lindersoft [dot] com (e.g. for a quick review, some tips & tricks, etc.).

Friedrich

kkolo
04-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! once again.

Changing the [INSTALLDIR] and changing the MediaType to 'Single File Image' did the trick!

You are the BEST!

- Kathy

linder
04-13-2012, 03:38 AM
Perfect :)

Friedrich