PDA

View Full Version : "Access Control: Grant File Access" causes installer to crash

oeb
08-21-2012, 05:04 AM
My installer crashes at the line "Access Control: Grant File Access". This have worked fine earlier. I recently updated to the latest build of SB - v7.7.3769. Any ideas?

linder
08-21-2012, 06:22 AM
Hello,

the last source code modification in "Access Control" is dated 11/23/2011. So it's very unlikely that this has anything to do with one of the last SB updates.

Friedrich

oeb
08-21-2012, 07:24 AM
What could generally cause this function to crash?

linder
08-21-2012, 07:59 AM
To be honest, I don't know. We do not have received any similar report in all the years nor can we reproduce this. We are using this function in all Script Writing Consulting projects (deployed to millions of machines) and have never ever seen a GPF in this function.

So perhaps it's "machine specific" (e.g. caused by a change on this system; virus definition update, anti-virus update, etc.). But it's definitely not caused by one of the latest SB updates (all previous versions down to 7.6 Build 3576 make use of the same Access Control component).

Friedrich

oeb
08-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Ok, thanks. Just thought I'd check before I did more testing.

linder
08-21-2012, 08:59 AM
Would it be possible to copy that line into a new test project? Does it also GPF? If this is the case and you are interested, you can send the test .sb7 project file to our support [at] lindersoft [dot] com and we'll try to debug it. Please also mention the operating system and patch level you are running.

Friedrich

oeb
12-11-2012, 02:23 AM
Moving the function from the bottom of the script to just after all files are transferred to the installation folder appears to have fixed the problem.