PDA

View Full Version : Detailed progress dialog

Sam
11-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Hi!

I was wondering if there is any way to create a "fancy" progress dialog in SetupBuilder, that not only has a progress bar but also lists the set of past, present and future actions/taskls that the installer will go through. Once each task is done the item should get a green checkmark (or something like that) to indicate that the action was successful. Something like the Visual Studio installer.

As far as I understand there is no way to do this in SB 7. Is that correct? Will something like this be supported in SB 8?

linder
11-08-2012, 12:41 AM
Hello,

At the moment, this is not possible in SB7. But it is on the "ToDo" list for a SB8 release.

Friedrich

Sam
11-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Thank you for the response!

Would you be able to provide a ballpark time frame for when this feature might be available? 1 year from now? 2 years?

This is a pretty high priority for my company, so any information you could provide would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!
Sam

linder
11-08-2012, 08:05 AM
Hi Sam,

We don't have a specific time frame as of yet. But we'll try to make this feature available in Q1 2013.

Friedrich

avsaravanan
10-16-2013, 12:41 AM
Hi,
Even I am Interested in getting similar functionality. Right now I have SB8. Is this facility available now?
I wanted to define my custom progress dialog, in which the real time installation progress should be shown in the progress bar of my custom progress dialog.
Also in the same dialog, without user interaction, I wanted to change the messages after some time interval.

Regards
A. Vijayasaravanan

linder
10-16-2013, 12:55 AM
Hello,

You can display your own custom information (progress information) real-time in the standard Progress Dialog. Please see "Progress Dialog: Set Status Text..." script function.

Does this help?

Friedrich