PDA

View Full Version : Version 8 Problems

BobTaylor
03-11-2013, 07:46 AM
Some issues transpired that has driven a customer crazy. Brought over a SB7 project, compiled and uploaded the new package.

1. They downloaded and entered the wrong password in the password dialog and it let them continue on.

2. The installation put the new builds out on his computer but afterwards remote computers could not get access to the program though the local computer where the build was installed worked fine.

3. Another project was brought over from SB7 that created a web install. SB8 did not put all the "parts" into the web directory where wupdates accesses them.

In all cases I reverted back to SB7.

Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you you need more detail.

Thanks,
Bob
Taysys Software

linder
03-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Bob,

Of course, this has absolutely nothing to do with SetupBuilder 8! No need to revert back to SB7 ;).

1. You forgot to mark the "Auto-verify Password" in the Password dialog properties.

2. This is a simple permission issue, not related to SetupBuilder at all.

Similar to this:

http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37159

3. Nothing changed in this area from SB7 to SB8! You'll see all the generated web cluster files listed in the compiler .htm report. If they are not located in the \Web folder on your machine then "something" (perhaps your security software) removed them after the compilation process. And make sure that you upload to the correct web folder!

Hope this helps a bit :). Again, no need to revert back to SB7 because this has definitely nothing to do with your update to SB8.

Friedrich

BobTaylor
03-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Friedrich,

I hope you realize that SB was the butt of my frustrations from over the weekend! Sorry!!

Spent 3 days online working with a customer who had a drop dead date of yesterday, so I was scrambling.

Yes, auto-verify was not checked. This was interesting because the SB7 project didn't have it set either and we made it through several iterations without issue, well that we are aware.

I'll check the permissions issue out next. I just wanted to get this update to you so I could pull my foot out of my mouth!.

thanks again for your support!
Bob

linder
03-12-2013, 08:18 AM
Hi Bob,

You are very welcome :)

Friedrich