PDA

View Full Version : How to get .NET Version and service pack version

Manish Jhalani
03-18-2013, 06:46 AM
I want to know the .NET version. I am trying this to check for .NET 3.5 but not getting any success. I am not getting message box.

SET Variable %DOTNET_FRAMEWORK% to Function:Get System Info(.NET Status) for "$NET_FRAMEWORK_35$"
If %DOTNET_FRAMEWORK% Equals "1" Then
Else
Display Message Box "Please install .NET 3.5" -- "My Soft"
End

Also I want to get if the .NET SP1 is installed ? Please provide script code to check if .NET SP1 is installed or not.

linder
03-18-2013, 08:26 AM
Hello,

This function returns additional values in %_SB_RETURN% and %_SB_RETURNEX%:

If the function succeeds (specific framework installed), %_SB_RETURN% contains the version number of the installed framework (if available).

If the function succeeds (specific framework installed), %_SB_RETURNEX% contains the service pack number of the installed framework (if available).

Does this help?

Friedrich

Unregistered
03-19-2013, 12:48 AM
Hello,

This function returns additional values in %_SB_RETURN% and %_SB_RETURNEX%:

If the function succeeds (specific framework installed), %_SB_RETURN% contains the version number of the installed framework (if available).

If the function succeeds (specific framework installed), %_SB_RETURNEX% contains the service pack number of the installed framework (if available).

Does this help?

Friedrich

Thanks. But why the code is not working for me. I am using standard functions and help from setup builder.

SET Variable %DOTNET_FRAMEWORK% to Function:Get System Info(.NET Status) for "$NET_FRAMEWORK_35$"
If %DOTNET_FRAMEWORK% Equals "1" Then
Else
Display Message Box "Please install .NET 3.5" -- "My Soft"
End

Second I also got the lines you mentioned in the help. But in which form I would get the information in %_SB_RETURN% and %_SB_RETURNEX%. Is it any number/string. Any specific form of result ?

Whay %_SB_RETURN% and %_SB_RETURNEX% would have in case of .NET 3.5 and SP1 ?

linder
03-19-2013, 01:51 AM
Hello,

See attached screenshots. If .NET 3.5 is available, the source code snippet will display the exact version and service pack. In this case it's .NET 3.5 SP1 on a Windows 7 x64 machine.

Does this help?

Friedrich

linder
03-19-2013, 01:55 AM
BTW, the following in your code snippet looks strange:

You have to use the "Get System Info..." script function and not a "Set Variable..." function. See attached screenshot.

Friedrich