PDA

View Full Version : Code signing issue under version 8

arrigob
04-30-2013, 02:39 PM
Hi There,

I am just now running one of my installers through the new version 8 that was recently released. All is going well but I cannot code sign?

No matter which version 7 project I open and try to compile, it fails during code signing. Image of error below.

http://www.forestproductsaccounting.com/screenshot.70.jpg

The file is there and can be opened. This happens during my script generation when it code signs our apps as well as when setupbuilder code signs the installer it self. Not sure what I am missing.

I have tried rebooting the server and workstation. I checked the setup under version 7 and it is the same as I have under version 8. Any ideas on the cause? Does version 8 code signing not like network drives?

Brandon

linder
05-01-2013, 05:37 AM
Brandon,

At the moment, you are using SIGNCODE.EXE to code-sign. So you have to check the following:

1. Is the path specification to SIGNCODE.EXE correct (Tools | Options... | File Locations).

2. Are you sure you would like to use SIGNCODE.EXE and not SIGNTOOL.EXE to code-sign via a .PFX? If you are using a .PFX to code-sign then you simply forgot to switch to SIGNTOOL.EXE.

3. If you are using .SPC/.PVK to code sign, is the path to your certificate correct (General Information -> Digital Signature -> Credentials File / Private Key File). If you see a .PFX here then you forgot to switch to SIGNTOOL.EXE.

A reboot and things like that can't help because it's a problem with your Authenticode Tool path specification (IDE configuration) or the certificate path specification (project configuration).

Friedrich

arrigob
05-01-2013, 07:23 AM
Friedrich,

You are exactly right! I was using SIGNCODE.exe and not signtool.exe. Once I made the change, setupbuilder code signed everything I asked it too. So thank you for that useful bit of knowledge.

Brandon

linder
05-01-2013, 07:31 AM
Brandon,

Perfect! Thank you for the update.

Friedrich