PDA

View Full Version : SB8- Install asking for disk 1

BobTaylor
08-14-2013, 12:53 PM
I have SB8, build 4092. OS is Win7.

Haven't seen this one before and this package has never done this.

Installing files, all is fine until near the end a message comes up "Please enter the disk labeled #1." Quite confused on what has triggered this message.

Thanks for any assistance in advance!
Bob Taylor

linder
08-15-2013, 03:12 AM
Bob,

This is a typical data transmission error. The setup.exe is not complete (similar to a ZIP file where some bytes are missing). Just check the code-signature and you'll find out that it is invalid. This can be caused by an upload and/or download transmission issue.

http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14076

To detect such a transmission error before the installation starts, enable the Archive Integrity option in SetupBuilder.

Friedrich

BobTaylor
08-19-2013, 04:26 PM
That is something that I researched on your site. SB would not complete the FTP process too, so I forced it with my FTP program. The user then found the file corrupt even after the integrity check.

So my only way around it, for now, was to cut down the size of the installation package so the user could get going.

I'll dig deeper as soon as I can get my head above water.

Thanks for the help!
Bob Taylor

linder
08-20-2013, 01:34 AM
Bob,

Then I think you have an ISP problem. You should check this with the system administrator. Perhaps they set some kind of download/upload file size limit. It's definitely not related to SetupBuilder. And code-sign the setup.exe to make sure that the browser security or anti-virus/-spyware systems let it go through (and just for fun check the code-signature after you have downloaded the setup.exe).

Friedrich

BobTaylor
08-20-2013, 02:40 PM
I believe I have resolved the problem, which BTW was affecting another forum site I have. The problem I believe was disk space. I removed a bunch of old web update builds, misc zips, documentation, etc. and the uploads work just fine.

Also, my other site now allows for images to be uploaded, which turned out to be a related problem.

Happy days! Thanks again.

Bob Taylor

linder
08-21-2013, 01:24 AM
Hi Bob,

Perfect! Thanks so much for sharing this information!

Friedrich