PDA

View Full Version : $SB_RESTARTFLAG$ behavior?

JerryS@cat
09-13-2013, 11:54 AM
Have searched the forum for info on the $SB_RESTARTFLAG$, but the few instances I've found didn't help, so posting this.

The SB7 Reference Manual shows the following example on how to inhibit a reboot/restart of the system:

Examples

! Disable reboot/restart at the end of the installation?
Set Installer Flag $SB_RESTARTFLAG$ to "0"

The Common Definitions.sbi that is "included" at the beginning of the script does define the $SB_RESTARTFLAG$ constant in it (checked to make sure). However, when I enter the code from the example at the end of the script (as is suggested), I always receive the error:

error GEN1007: Reference to constant $SB_RESTARTFLAG$ has not been previously defined.

I've poured through the reference manual and the forum for a good 2 hours trying to find what I've missed, but haven't had any luck? Can anyone offer what obvious bit of information am I missing that's causing the error?

linder
09-14-2013, 03:39 AM
Jerry,

Are you using this in the "Set Installer Flag..." function?

I have created and uploaded a SetupBuilder 8 demo project. BTW, you mentioned the "SB7 Reference Manual". I would suggest to install the latest SB8 (it's free as part of your maintenance plan; we can re-send the SB8 login if you want).

http://www.lindersoft.com/projects/RestartFlag.zip

IMPORTANT: when you see the "This system must be restarted to complete the installation. Press the OK button to restart this computer. Press Cancel to return to Windows without restarting." message box, please press "Cancel" in this demo!!!!!

Does this project help?

Friedrich