PDA

View Full Version : Hiding the Windows "cancel" button

JerryS@cat
10-08-2013, 03:05 PM
In the Loop Wizard, there is a checkbox in the Loop Wizard Properties (Advanced tab) that allows you to disable/hide the Minimize/Maximize buttons at the top of the window. Is there a way to also disable/hide the cancel button (X)? I am not referring to a Cancel push button, but rather the "X" the appears at the top-right of most typical Windows dialog screens. I'm asking because there might be a need to inhibit the user from canceling the dialog. Along the same line, is there a conditional test for if that particular button has been clicked on by the end user?

linder
10-09-2013, 01:18 AM
Good question. I will have to check this and get back to you...

Friedrich

linder
10-09-2013, 02:27 AM
Jerry,

We have added a new "Disable Cancel Buttons" option to the Loop Wizard Properties (see attached screenshots). This will be available in the upcoming SetupBuilder 8.1 maintenance release.

You can use the %_SB_BUTTONID% variable to do a conditional test for if the BACK or NEXT button has been clicked by the user (see screenshot). But the "Cancel" button terminates the script immediately, so you can not test for this button.

Does this help?

Friedrich

MCooker66
10-09-2013, 02:47 AM
We have added a new "Disable Cancel Buttons" option to the Loop Wizard Properties (see attached screenshots). This will be available in the upcoming SetupBuilder 8.1 maintenance release.

Very good idea! I also need this new feature soon. Thanks for adding it :)

Mike

JerryS@cat
10-11-2013, 02:22 PM
That will be awesome. Thanks.