PDA

View Full Version : not compiling correct files

notlogan
10-09-2013, 09:10 AM
I have a project I've been working on for several weeks. I recently upgraded my application files to add protection plus anti-piracy protection. At the same time I code signed my application and setup.

I added the new files to the files and folders and they look correct in the script editor. My current .exe file is dated 10/07/2013. When I compile and do a test install an older version of my .exe file dated 09/20/2013 is installed.

The installation log shows the older file structure while the script editor shows the new files. I'm not sure what to do.

linder
10-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Hello,

Just check the compiler .htm report and this will tell you which files made it into the setup.exe (including source location, modification date, version resource and even the CRC32). Similar to the attached screenshot. This should help to find out what causes this in your project.

Does this help?

Friedrich

notlogan
10-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Here's what happened...I always copy the compiled files from the project directory to a jump drive to test the installation. Even though I was erasing the jump drive before copying, somehow the jump drive installed the previous project, even though it reported to the OS it had the newer project on it.

VERY strange. I reformatted the jump drive and everything started working.

Sorry for the alarm.

linder
10-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Glad it's working fine now :) Thanks for the update!

Friedrich