PDA

View Full Version : iDeploy problem

JimLay
10-20-2007, 09:58 AM
I've been using the SetupBuilder now for several months using traditional (.exe script) type setups and they're working great!

I'm trying to create an iDeploy type install, using the defaults stipulated in the ref. manual and I'm getting an error while attempting to run the iDeploy setup (from either the "Run" mode inside SB6 or from the uploaded web files).

The setup begins to run and presents a dialog box with only the "#1" in it, then it fails with a "A decompression error has been detected.". The target file that it is trying to decompress is not in the MSIREDIST folder so I'm fairly sure that the error is really a "file not found" error.

I suspect I'm not referencing the web location properly but web folder and Setupbuilder para's all look correct and consistent.

Any thoughts?

Jim

Additional information:
1. After further trouble-shooting, I don't believe this is a file not found type error. I can change the host directory to an incorrect name and the process will correctly identify that it can't find the file on the host. It appears to be a file move/copy/decompression issue of some sort.
2. I eliminated all of the core-prerequisites so only have the .exe .dll and .ico files remaining. The error shifts to whatever file is the first file attempted to "copy" from the host.

SB Version : 6.6.2016

andrea
10-24-2007, 11:57 PM
Jim,

This seems to be a file transmission (upload) error -OR- you have disk-spanning enabled. IMO, you have set "Media Type" to "Custom" and then defined a specific cluster value (which of course does not make any sense for web updates).

If you don't have the "Custom" option enabled, try to upload all the files again. If this does not help, please send your update script and we'll check it for you.

It's not a SetupBuilder issue so I have not opened a ticket.

Does this help?

Andrea

JimLay
10-25-2007, 12:50 AM
I don't think it is either of those two causes. I've included the script. This is a very simplified example install with only an .exe to be installed and I'm having the same issue.

I've verified that both result files exist on the web server in the folder identified in the script. I can find the setup.exe file easily through a browser to insure that my domain and path are correct. (As indicated in the earlier dialog, if I change the path so that it is incorrect, the setup process identifies that the file can't be found.) My problem appears to be that the file is found, but not uncompressible or the expected object file isn't in the compression wrapper??

I'm sure that based on the fact that I'm not able to get this very simple project to work, that it's something right in front of me, but I can't see it.

Let me know if you need additional information or screen prints.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

linder
10-25-2007, 01:04 AM
Jim,

PMFJI: You have an IIS server, correct? It's not a SetupBuilder problem but a server issue ;) Your MIME type is incorrect.

We checked this and even Internet Explorer cannot download the first cluster file from your server <g>.

Contact your administrator so he can add the appropriate MIME type.

HTH,
Friedrich

JimLay
10-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Friedrich and Andrea,

Thank you for steering me straight (along with the web consulting!). As you surmised, it was not a setupbuilder issue at all but instead I didn't have the server config setup correctly (with correct MIME type for the cluster files).

Thanks again for a great product and for going out of your way to "fix my problem" even though it wasn't an issue with your product.

A very appreciative user,

Jim