PDA

View Full Version : Adding new language (non supported yet)

MichalCh
10-23-2007, 05:07 PM
I am new user of SB6 , useing it for few days. Happy since the day when one person adviced me as a alternative for the most commercial and expensive I know SetupShield .

As in subject , I would like to know how to implement new language for installs of our company software.

I tried add new file (tools->options->languages -> add file ( f.e. exotic.lng : the one was a copy of english or other .lng file, with changed LANG_NAME (Exotic_one) and LANG_ID let's say into 1997. But finaly in 'general information - language ' found no trace of it. 'Set Active Setup Languge to 1997 ' inside the script also doesn't work. I tried other kind of 'cheating' too , but no rezult.
What is the way of adding new language ?
This feature is very important from my company's strategic point of view.

Best regards

Michał Chmielewski
------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.novuscctv.pl/en ( fresh , so under construction yet)

linder
10-24-2007, 03:32 AM
Michał,

You only have to use the General Information Visualizer (-> Language) to add a new language to your installer.

BTW, there is an interesting language example in the Example package (see "Radio Button 2.sb6" demo project).

Does this help?

Friedrich

MichalCh
10-24-2007, 06:19 AM
Yes, the example help me find solution for the case ;-) but not in 100% satisfaction :(

In 'Radio Button Dialogs' on the most bottom I changed English into 'Kazach' , also I can put translations in the values of identifiers starting with 1033 . ( in setup Appereance ->id Text and Messages ) . It worked nice during test instalation - our customers could be satisfied seeing their language in the dialogs .

With this solution of course if I set 'show language dialog into 'Yes' in general information->language' at the beginning screen it will be 'English (US)' (still seen)

But I was wondering of solution with adding new language files (f.x. Kazach.lng ) with new LCID - I wrote my unsuccesfull tries in first post .
At the momet we have customers let's say in 5 countries not listed in languages of SB6 . So I have to decide which languages won't be usefull for my company busines in near future ( f.x. kazach translation inside bulgarian) . It can be problem ( or mess in the language files) when our salesmen find distributor in Bulgary , ready for help with translation .... I hope U know what I mean...

Also for this purposes it will be veeery helpful to export all dialog identifiers and its values ( used in my project) f.x . into excel file , I can send it to the foreigner distributor and after translation , to import inside my project (or SB6 in general) .

Also I don't know how how You and your team work under next languages , maybe when I put translation of some values in the 'new' language , U could provide a fix for new lang support (with new LCID as well).

Thank U Friendrich for all your help.

M.Ch.

linder
10-24-2007, 06:32 AM
Hi Michał,

It's not possible to add your own languages.

But what we can do is (if you are interested), you send us the "kazach translation inside bulgarian" .lng file and we'll add native support for, say, Kazach.lng (or whatever) to the next build.

What do you think?

Friedrich

MichalCh
10-24-2007, 06:51 AM
Great :cool: