PDA

View Full Version : Copied and modified .SB8 installs into old location

da spud
02-20-2014, 09:45 PM
I have two projects that were almost identical in structure so I decided to copy the setup for the 2nd one. I changed all the names and in the script editor I did a search for the old name and got no hits. Thought I was safe.

All the messages say it installed in the new folder, but it went into the old one in actuality. I even deleted it and ran the install again. Into the wrong folder in Program Files (x86) it went.

Thoughts (other than don't copy it)....

linder
02-21-2014, 01:15 AM
Hello,

Perhaps your are using the same Product GUID and you are using the "Detect Previous Version..." script function to read the "old" installation folder from an existing product?

The default installation folder is defined in "General Information" -> "Product Properties" -> Installation Directory [INSTALLDIR]

By default, it is set to %PROGRAMFILESDIR%\[PRODUCTNAME] where the [PRODUCTNAME] compiler variable points to the Product Name value.

Hope this helps a bit.

BTW, you can check the uninstall log to see what happened. It lists all file and folder actions.

Friedrich

da spud
02-21-2014, 02:17 AM
Hello,

Perhaps your are using the same Product GUID and you are using the "Detect Previous Version..." script function to read the "old" installation folder from an existing product?.....
Friedrich

Perhaps you are totally correct? :) Thanks for the help. The names were too similar for me to see that the install folder suggested was not the one I wanted.

Thank you. Problem solved by using a new GUID.

linder
02-21-2014, 02:38 AM
Perfect :) Thanks for the update !!!

Friedrich