PDA

View Full Version : GEN1112 PE_Resum Failed

BobTaylor
02-27-2014, 09:43 AM
Hi,
I just started getting the above error, GEN111: PE_Resum Failed while compiling "any" project.

What is my best approach to getting back running?

Thanks.
Bob Taylor

linder
02-27-2014, 10:07 AM
Bob,

Rollback to your previous virus/spyware definition update <g>. It seems to me that your protection software vendor released a buggy build that blocks all your generated setups now.

Friedrich

linder
02-27-2014, 10:51 AM
BTW, it's similar to this kind of thing (see link). The compiler generates the executable and has to update the PE Header to write the latest checksum to it. But the protection software is over-protective and locks the process and generated file (false-positive bug). As a result, the compiler can't continue (no write access possible). The Windows write operation fails and "Compiler warning GEN1112: PE_Resum failed" is reported.

http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=66476

Friedrich

BobTaylor
02-27-2014, 11:21 AM
Yup, it was Avast. They are intent on helping you to death.

The only way around it was to exclude the application drive as well as the development (Clarion) directory(s).

What a PITA !

Thanks for the support.
Bob

linder
02-28-2014, 01:20 AM
I was a huge avast! fan and always recommended it. But we had to go back to avast! Version 8.0 because all the later versions are a nightmare. It blocked everything, Clarion and Visual Studio compilation processes, even our own license registration system that worked without any problem for 10+ years. avast! decided to remove the application DLLs and blocked the restore of our backups. Email program blocked, more and more web sites blocked. WHAT A NIGHTMARE! :(

Hope they can fix all the mess soon!

Friedrich

linder
03-01-2014, 02:26 AM
Bob,

Please see this (same error here now as well):

http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42294

It would be great if you could report your PE_Resum false-positive bug to avast!

Friedrich

linder
03-01-2014, 07:34 AM
Bob,

Could you please update to the latest avast! definition update, remove the excluded folder(s) from the exclusion list and try it again. Still a false-positive error?

Thanks,
Friedrich