PDA

View Full Version : Changing fonts

sbClarion
03-19-2014, 11:13 AM
Hi,

I think fontsize of 8 is to small an changed to calibri 12, but now there are not enough place in dialogboxes to show the text. (See attached pictures)

I also tried to download v8 to see if the dialog editor let me change, but:

1. I could not change existing dialogs. ?
2. I could not change the default window size to bigger. ?

Question1: Is there a way to make install window bigger? I think no one has a problem if it is 800x640?

Question2: Should installwindow work as a Clarion program with Capesoft`s AnyFont installed (Bigger Fontsize makes window bigger) (I recon Fredrick knows what I`m talking about)

(For dialogs, Bigger is better!)

http://www.winvask.no/ls/dialog1.png
http://www.winvask.no/ls/dialog2.png
http://www.winvask.no/ls/dialog3.png

linder
03-19-2014, 12:28 PM
Hello,

It is recommended to not change the font/size. The wizards follow the industry-standard installer size (and font type/size).

"...Default Font:Size—Select the font your setup uses in its user interface. If you do not select a font, the installer uses the default system font. It is recommended to not change the default setting!..."

You can't modify the standard wizard dialogs (fix control sizes and positions) but you can create your own custom dialogs (using the Visual Dialog Editor) if you want.

BTW, the compiled setup.exe is not a Clarion program! :)

Friedrich

sbClarion
03-20-2014, 02:04 AM
The wizards follow the industry-standard installer size Wow - I did not even know there was a standard for installers :)

I know the resulting setup.exe is not a Clarion program, but cw/anyfont was pointed out as an example.

The capesoft "Anyfont" template uses the choosen fontsize to render the window size and this is quite nice.

In my current development system (WinDev) I had to write a resize class myself to duplicate this behaviour.

For example: In Clarion I have an app that is compiled and made for a resolution of 1024x768 that looks good on a 1920x1080 resolution screen using this template.

I would love a "[v] I`m a rebel not following the croud, and will NOT use a size of a stamp standard installer window" Checkbox. :D

I also dont understand why I can change the font and size if it`s not recomended, and by changing it I mess up the setup.exe

And when actually designing a screen myself, I can`t change the screen size to "Bigger".

Well anyhow, I`m pleased with setupbuilder, beeing a long time customer, so consider this a wish for a future request. :cool:

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne

linder
03-20-2014, 02:31 AM
Hi Tor-Bjarne,

The "problem" is that an installer is "the mother" of all applications <g>. So you have to make sure that the install itself runs on as many Windows versions as possible (e.g. font does exist, no specific dependency files required, etc.) without any compatibility issue. You can only do this if you follow "the standard" <bg>.

See attached screenshots. The first one is from a standard Microsoft MSI, the second one from a standard SB installer executable. The SB setup follows the standard setup wizard-style (similar dialog size, font type/size, etc.).

Of course, I know where you are coming from and I agree. But sometimes, not following a standard might result in a support nightmare <g>. But I put your suggestion to our wishlist for future consideration. Standards change on a regular basis :)

Thank you for your suggestions and feedback !!!

Friedrich