PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get File Version, BUT!

cnkinsd
04-18-2014, 11:13 AM
Hi, I am trying to do nothing other than get a file version from a file using the following code:

Set Variable %TEMP_FILE_VERSION% to FUNCTION:Get File Info(File Version [Resource]) of file "C:\Solar Program Files\Solar Turbines Standards\Common\EXE\TT4Tools\TT4Tools.exe"
Display Message Box "%TEMP_FILE_VERSION%" -- "File Version"
Exit Installation(0)

I get the following error, in the attachment, which I have never seen before:

Can anyone tell me what is going on and what that is. I have not changed any security settings on the system at all and I can run other scripts without incident.

linder
04-18-2014, 12:59 PM
Hello,

I think you have received a buggy anti-spyware / anti-virus definition update. This is a typical false-positive issue (the loader "..\BIN\0000.LIB" has not changed since 8/12/2013). Try to code-sign the file as part of the compilation process to see if this can avoid the protection vendor's bug. And I would suggest to forward the file to your protection software vendor so they can fix it in the next virus definition update.

Does this help?

Friedrich

linder
04-18-2014, 01:15 PM
Hello,

I have uploaded a simple demo:

http://www.lindersoft.com/projects/getfileinfo.zip

It works as expected.

Friedrich

cnkinsd
04-18-2014, 01:24 PM
Thank you Friedrich.... Sorry this ended up in this forum, it should have been one queue up actually. Kel

linder
04-18-2014, 01:33 PM
That's just fine, Kel. Please always let us know if there is any problem. We are here to help :)

Friedrich