PDA

View Full Version : Visual Basic Power Packs

DavidGraham
04-29-2014, 08:51 AM
When I run my program after an install I'm getting an error the Visual Basic Power Packs is missing.
How to I add this to my install?

In my VB project properties the dll is in c:\program Files(x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\VBPowerPacks\v10.0\ etc.

It is some time since I had to change my SetupBuilder set up - how do I add it, or is that not the problem.

Thanks

linder
04-29-2014, 08:59 AM
David,

You have to check the Visual Basic documentation to find out which components are required. Perhaps there is a MS redistributable package available to handle this? But only the developer of the application can anwer the question.

If you know which component(s) are required then we can help you to emded this into your project.

For example, this one? Perhaps you have to redistribute the Microsoft Visual Basic Power Packs (dependency) with your application?

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=145727&clcid=0x804

Friedrich

linder
04-30-2014, 07:24 AM
David,

Did the redistributable fix your problem?

Friedrich

Unregistered
05-01-2014, 01:02 AM
I had a look at my Visual Basic program - I was drawing a line which is one of the components of the Visual Basic Power Packs.
It seemed 'over the top' to install this component just to draw a line.
Checking on-line the alternative way to draw a line is to draw a panel with a height or width of 1 pixel.
I therefore did this and removed the need for the Visual Basic Power Packs.

Thanks for your help.

David,

Did the redistributable fix your problem?

Friedrich

linder
05-01-2014, 02:19 AM
Perfect! Thank you for the update.

Friedrich