PDA

View Full Version : Setting _SB_FEATURESID and SB_SETUPTYPEID

andrelernhart
06-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Hi all,

My Installer (SB, of corz!) installs only an .exe (=feature1) and the same .exe with some DB and .chm files (=feature2). The feature/setup type is stored in the Registry.

A second Script applies updates and patches to the former installation.
To avoid stupidities by DAU's (German: Dümmste Anzutreffende Users --> Most stupid users), I do not want to let the users select the type of actualization, but fetching the formerly chosen feature/setuptype from the Registry and setting the corresponding values to _SB_SETUPTYPEID and _SB_FEATURESID.

Yes, I know that there is a warning not to do so, but I want to make this work somehow (any other approach is highly appreciated!).

I checked the correct settings for these two variables (values taken from the initial installation script), but it seems that the manually setted values are ignored, no matter where I set them (e.g. directly preceeding the [ Install Files ] section).

Any hint or workaround is highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance, regards, André

(SB 8.1 Developer Edition. Windows 7)

linder
06-02-2014, 12:53 AM
André,

To set the Setup Type or Feature(s) programmatically, you have to use the "Set Active Setup Type..." or "Set Feature State..." script functions. Never "manipulate" the %_SB_FEATURESID% and %_SB_SETUPTYPEID% runtime variables.

Does this help?

Friedrich

linder
06-03-2014, 01:00 AM
André,

If you are interested, please see this:

http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=68874

Friedrich

andrelernhart
06-03-2014, 01:28 AM
Hi Friedrich,

thanks a bunch! It works very nice with "Set feature state".
Thanks also for the link with some interesting examples.

regards, André

linder
06-03-2014, 01:34 AM
You are very welcome, André. Glad it's working fine now.

Friedrich