PDA

View Full Version : Registering OCX?

jrussell
03-28-2005, 10:12 AM
Registering OCX....

I am trying to register the Imageman OCX's from Data-Techniques. Inside the file properties for the OCX files I tested the self-registration support and each reports that it is supported. They are simply not registering? I am using 5.0.1078 Developer and the OCX files that I am trying to register are IMACTX80.OCX and IMTWAIN80.OCX. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks in advance
Josh Russell

linder
03-28-2005, 11:30 PM
Hello,

Would it be possible to send us one of the OCX files? SB5 uses standard Windows APIs to register OCXs files.

Thanks,

jrussell
03-29-2005, 07:33 AM
Thanks for your quick reply... I sent one of the OCX files to support@... if there is nothing wrong with that one I'll send the other one.

linder
03-29-2005, 07:46 AM
Josh,

The file you sent (IMACTX80.OCX) does not support ActiveX self-registration (I think it requires other files). I have tested this with SB5 (the self-registering test button says it does not support it) and with Wise and InstallShield. Did you sent the correct file?

I think this file depends on other files (IMGMAN81.DLL and MSVCP71.DLL). Are these files available on the machines?

Thanks,

jrussell
04-11-2005, 07:42 AM
Well, I went back and checked the OCX again and this is what it said
http://support2.pdsmed.com/selfreg.gif

So I wonder what is different?

linder
04-11-2005, 08:06 AM
Josh,

This means that on your development machine all files are available to let the .ocx register itself. You can use the Static Scan feature to find out what files are required.

Unregistered
05-22-2006, 07:15 AM
Registering OCX....

I am trying to register the Imageman OCX's from Data-Techniques. Inside the file properties for the OCX files I tested the self-registration support and each reports that it is supported. They are simply not registering? I am using 5.0.1078 Developer and the OCX files that I am trying to register are IMACTX80.OCX and IMTWAIN80.OCX. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks in advance
Josh Russell

You need have one (1) .dil file in the same folder as IMACTX80.ocx when you are registering it. (example im8jpg.dil, And also you need have ImgMan81.dll)

- Meitzi