PDA

View Full Version : Check box dialogue box

David Webber
07-22-2014, 07:37 AM
I have a dialogue box with a large number of things to either select or leave unselected.

I've been doing this with a 'check boxes dialogue' in my wizard loop, but the list has just grown to the extent that the last item is omitted from the dialogue box. (12 items I think).

There's lots of room over to the right though, and it would be nice to have two columns of check boxes

Check01 Check04
Check02 Check05
Check03 Check06

Is this possible with a checkbox dialogue box?

(As a C++ man, I tried putting a \n in the variable defining the check box text spaced with | but that didn't work!)

Dave

RDaley
07-23-2014, 01:58 AM
David,

The standard Check Boxes dialog allows you to present a user selection interface via checkboxes. The maximum number of checkboxes that can be added on this dialog is 10. If you include more than 10 items, only the first 10 display.

What you are looking for is a Custom Wizard Dialog with checkbox controls. There are some interesting demo projects in the Examples Package.

Does this help?

David Webber
07-23-2014, 04:29 AM
David,

The standard Check Boxes dialog allows you to present a user selection interface via checkboxes. The maximum number of checkboxes that can be added on this dialog is 10. If you include more than 10 items, only the first 10 display.

What you are looking for is a Custom Wizard Dialog with checkbox controls. There are some interesting demo projects in the Examples Package.

Does this help?

Yes - thanks. I thought that might be the answer, but hoped there might be a wrap around option for the standard check box dialogue.

Just out of general interest: this page of the wizard offers a selection of language modules which can be installed or not. If any given language module is installed, the program detects its presence, and offers the language for menus, dialogues, etc, on a preference list. The number of languages available has just increased from 10 to 12.

Dave

David Webber
07-24-2014, 03:02 AM
Just to say thanks again. The custom wizard dialogue was very straightforward to implement.

[Being used to Microsoft Visual Studio where you drag controls on to the dialogue box, it did take me a few tries to get them there by selecting a control and clicking on the dialogue, but after that it was plain sailing. A word in the help system might be helpful - unless it's there and I missed it.:(

Anyway I continue to be very impressed with setupbuilder.]

Dave

RDaley
07-24-2014, 05:56 AM
Dave,

I am glad it's working fine now.

BTW, it all can be found in the "Learning SetupBuilder" help file (see attached screenshot).