PDA

View Full Version : Check Boxes on Finish Dialog

BobTaylor
04-19-2005, 01:34 PM
Using SB 5 Dev, #1103.

I have been trying to get some checkboxes on the Finish dialog to 1) run a help file with the latest release info 2) optionally run the installed program. I can get one checkbox on there, but don't see how to do two.

Also, what am I checking for after the Finish dialog is closed? I haven't seen where I can send a result to one of my variables, but I'm still trying to work through the release.

Thanks again...

Bob Taylor
Taysys Software

gspillane
04-19-2005, 08:01 PM
Hi Bob,

See Friedrich's example "Check Box Demo.sb5" in the Examples sub-folder of SB5.

You will see that:
1) Around line 30, you define the pre-check condition to either checked or unchecked. In Friedrich's example he has listed 6 different check boxes and his variable %CHECKBOX% holds the value for each such that a value of 000011 would mean that the first 4 checkboxes are unchecked and the last 2 are checked.
2) In the next line he defines the text to be displayed. This was initiated by double-clicking on the "Wizard Dialog - Define" function (but of course you knew this part otherwise you wouldn't have got one checkbox showing :) ). Anyhow, on the Advanced tab of this dialog box, under Checkbox Text ID:, he has listed the text associated with the 6 check boxes, separating each by a vertical line "|" (whatever it's called).
3) Now down about line 37 (After the Wizard Events loop has completed) he sets up his IF statement whereby the value of the variable %CHECKBOX% is determined for the relevant position. In his example he only wants to check the value of the 6th check box, but in your case you would do 2 IF statements (one for position 1 for your help file and one for position 2 for your application) and check the value for each to determine whether the user wants to Run both, either or neither.

With regard to the last part of your question I'm not sure what you're wanting to do here. Maybe a bit more specific information.

Best Regards,

Geoff Spillane
Data Down Under

BobTaylor
04-20-2005, 08:26 AM
Geoff,

Thanks for the detailed replyly! I believe you have answered all my questions, including the last part. There I was just looking for where the variable that I designate is checked to execute the options.

Gee, examples? Guess I better check my install a little closer. Guess I was surprise over the differences between SB4 for Clarion and the Developer edition.

Did you have any ideas about my earlier post regarding the web deployment ability after compiling the installer? That was a nice feature in SB4 and I just don't see it standing out here in SB5.

Thanks again.

Bob Taylor
Taysys Software

gspillane
04-20-2005, 06:10 PM
Hi Bob,

You are most welcome.

As you would expect SB5 has the Web Deployment facility however Friedrich hasn't finished his Wizards yet so it is not so obvious. The Web Install and Web Update features are curretly available via the Project Explorer tab --> Web Deployment.

Best Regards,

Geoff Spillane
Data Down Under