PDA

View Full Version : 3rd party SetupBuilder installer do not detect c9.1 installed

nelsoncarvalho
02-09-2015, 01:39 PM
Sorry my English.

I'm having a problem for the installation of a third-party template. Until now only one that is not providing the manually search of the path installation.
I have installed the 55EE versions, 6.3EE, 8EE and 9.1EE (11529).
The installer only has the option to install in version 8 of Clarion.
The likely reason is that the SB does not detect the 9.1 version installed, nor the other.
I tested the C9_Manager and really do not have any version 9 or 9.1 installed.
However Clarion 9.1 is installed. If I access the menu 'About', there are all installation data.

I wonder if I could change some configuration file or the Windows registry so that the installer (SB) detects the existence of Clarion 9.1.
I would like to avoid reinstalling C9.1.

Thanks.

Nelson Carvalho

linder
02-10-2015, 03:20 AM
Nelson,

That means you have "corrupt" C6 and C9.1 environments. Perhaps you just copy and pasted C6 and C9.1 from one machine to another or a "registry clean" (optimizer) tool damaged your C6 and C9.x registry entries? Because the C6 and C9.x environments are not correctly registered with Windows, Clarion auto-detection does not work.

BTW, you need the "Vista fix" for the old C6 on UAC-aware operating systems. But it's also possible this 3rd-party vendor does not support C6 any longer and that's why auto-detection does not show C6 as an installation option.

http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18582

Friedrich

linder
02-10-2015, 03:36 AM
BTW, you need at least the following x86 registry entries for Clarion 9.1 (see attached screenshot).

WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system.

Friedrich

nelsoncarvalho
02-15-2015, 06:56 AM
Hi Friedrich,

I used the program to correct the C6 installation. Now it is corrected.
Well......... and a program to correct C9 ?
Excuse and thanks.

Nelson Carvalho

Nelson,

That means you have "corrupt" C6 and C9.1 environments. Perhaps you just copy and pasted C6 and C9.1 from one machine to another or a "registry clean" (optimizer) tool damaged your C6 and C9.x registry entries? Because the C6 and C9.x environments are not correctly registered with Windows, Clarion auto-detection does not work.

BTW, you need the "Vista fix" for the old C6 on UAC-aware operating systems. But it's also possible this 3rd-party vendor does not support C6 any longer and that's why auto-detection does not show C6 as an installation option.

http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18582

Friedrich

nelsoncarvalho
02-15-2015, 07:40 AM
What I did to correct C91 path instalattion:
1) Renamed D:\Clarion91 => d:\Clarion91x
2) Reinstalled Clarion91;
3) Excluded d:\Clarion91;
4) renamed back d:\Clarion91x => d:\Calrion91.

Thanks

Nelson