PDA

View Full Version : Associating a file to notepad.exe

cnkinsd
07-08-2015, 11:54 AM
Friedrich,

Well here I am again and I need assistance since I cannot get this to work.

I need to associate this file extension with notepad.exe in the script editor.

.kel -> notepad.exe

Trying to use the Create File Association function, I cannot get it to associate properly. Can you give me a screen shot of the proper entries to associate that extension, or any extension, to notepad.exe? Should be simple but I seem to have an issue...

Thanks
Kel

linder
07-12-2015, 03:17 AM
Hi Kel,

Sure. Here it is (see attached screenshot).

Does this help?

Friedrich

cnkinsd
07-13-2015, 11:58 AM
Friedrich,

That is what I thought. However I am still unable to get the file type to associate to notepad. I am using windows 8.1 if that matters. I have duplicated all that you have provided and still no joy. Any ideas?

Kel

linder
07-15-2015, 02:09 AM
Hi Kel,

I have uploaded my test project for you:

http://www.lindersoft.com/projects/KelDemo1.zip

It works as expected on all Windows operating systems, including Windows 8.0, 8.1 and 10.

See attached screenshot from a Windows 8.1 machine ("test.kel" opens in notepad.exe).

Does this help?

Friedrich

linder
07-15-2015, 02:17 AM
Kel,

And this is from another Windows 8.1 (x64). Create a "test.kel" file. Then run the "Your Project Name-91" installer which creates the .kel file associaction. After that it opens in Notepad without any problem.

Friedrich

cnkinsd
07-15-2015, 10:08 AM
Thanks Friedrich,

I think there is an issue on my own asset that has disabled the functionality. As it does indeed seem to work on other assets.

Kel

AndrewEi
04-20-2016, 10:35 AM
I have a World in Conflict trainer for the demo and want to change it so it works on the full version. I think the only thing that would be different is the installed file for the game no longer has the name demo.

BUT .... the trainer I have is only a .exe file. Nothing else. Is their a way I can open the .exe file make some alterations and then repack it up for use? I tried opening it with notepad, winrar, etc and had no luck.

Any ideas?

linder
04-21-2016, 03:12 AM
Hello,

is this an (installer) .exe created with SetupBuilder?

Friedrich