PDA

View Full Version : Update

mario.capin
07-28-2015, 04:22 AM
Hello,

I want that my setup is supporting WIN10. In the OS version checking WIN10 is not included as option for target OS. So I am trying to update SB; I am checking for a new version, a newer verion is available; I start the update to the new version.

It seems that the update is breaking. After restart SB I can recognize the old version and after checking a new version I will be informed for a new version once again?!

What could be the problem?

Thanks,
Mario

linder
07-29-2015, 03:50 AM
Mario,

SetupBuilder 8.5 introduced support for Windows 10 ;) See attached screenshot.

If the web update is not working for you then "something" manipulated the registry on your machine -or- your protection software simply blocks the update process. If you have an error message for me then I can tell you what it is. But if you can't find out what causes it (e.g. Registry Cleaner, buggy anti-spyware or anti-virus system) then I would suggest to do a fresh install. And of course, you can download the full install image and let it do the update for you.

Friedrich

mario.capin
07-29-2015, 04:42 AM
Hello Friedrich,

in the meanwhile I have solved my problem by copying the SB binaries (whole folder within subfolders and files) from my old computer to my new computer. Now I can select also the check-boxes for WIN10.

Regards,
Mario

linder
07-30-2015, 03:21 AM
Hi Mario,

This is not a good idea because your environment might be "out-of-sync" now.

The full (offline) installer image can update an existing SetupBuilder environment without any problem. It detects your installed build, switches into maintenance mode and then updates your product to the new version.

http://www.lindersoft.com/products_setupbuilder_dev_download.htm

Friedrich

mario.capin
08-20-2015, 01:36 AM
Dear Friedrich,

I cannot find my Login User Name and Login Password, because my predecessor has not left them. Can you please send me valid authentification informations?

Thanks!
Mario

linder
08-20-2015, 02:29 AM
Hi Mario,

I see that your company owns a Team3 license, registered to Gunnar.B****@yourdomain.com. Would you please be so kind to send your serial number to sales@lindersoft.com so we can add your email address to the license contact? We can then resend your license information.

Thanks,
Friedrich