PDA

View Full Version : Setup Reboot question

lmodern1878
02-07-2016, 10:43 PM
Hello:

I've got my setup pretty much finished, now the grand master plan is to require a reboot to apply the changes. Where is that setting in the script or in the graphical interface? so the workflow goes:

Launch setup >> Next >> Next >> Next >> Drop files and folders >> Finish screen with the two radio buttons "Yes, Reboot This Computer Now." and "No, I Will Manually Reboot Later" once the user hits finish the respective action will take place. on the finish dialog obviously is the standard "you've successfully installed this package..." and at the bottom or somewhere a reminder to save any open work if the user elects to reboot immediately.

linder
02-08-2016, 02:53 AM
Hello,

You can use the "Set Installer Flag..." function to suppress a reboot request at the end of the installation.

For example:

Set Installer Flag $SB_RESTARTFLAG$ to "0"

Does this help?

Friedrich

lmodern1878
02-09-2016, 06:28 PM
OK where in the script would the set installer flag go? towards the end by the finish dialog? where would I set that line?

linder
02-11-2016, 12:56 AM
Hello,

I would suggest to add it after the last Loop Wizard/End Statement.

Friedrich

lmodern1878
02-12-2016, 07:27 PM
Cool :).

Testing it now, lets give it a go

Setup builder rocks!

linder
02-13-2016, 03:20 AM
:)

lmodern1878
02-14-2016, 09:09 PM
Hello,

You can use the "Set Installer Flag..." function to suppress a reboot request at the end of the installation.

For example:

Set Installer Flag $SB_RESTARTFLAG$ to "0"

Does this help?

Friedrich

When setting the flag to 0 the reboot prompt failed to appear, however setting the flag to 1 fixed the issue. otherwise that fixed me :D