PDA

View Full Version : Setup Builder/Compabilty

Unregistered
08-05-2016, 12:58 AM
Hi I have a problem with compatibility Setup Builder ... I try to install the patch to the game through this program but always when you want to install 1.Setup Builder crashes when you run it with Windows 10 or under win 8, Vista (2) or Win.7 compability (all systems that we repair center kompabilty suggests)
2.Where i run the program in XP compability will put on and nothing happens, I can tick on the button infinity times nothing happens (the program continues to run) and so is the back button and Cancel.

linder
08-08-2016, 06:47 AM
Hello,

There is definitely no compatibility issue with SetupBuilder 10 on any Windows operating system (from Windows 95 up to Windows 10 and Server 2016). Are you using the latest SetupBuilder 10? If this is the case, please send your project file(s) to support [at] lindersoft [dot] com and we'll review the project and script code for you.

Friedrich

linder
08-08-2016, 06:55 AM
I re-read your post.

Or is this a "patch" from another software vendor (and you are not the developer)? Perhaps this vendor did not update the installs to support UAC (User Account Control) for Vista and later!? You need an UAC-aware install to support modern Windows operating systems. The latest SetupBuilder 10 is fully Windows 10 and Server 2016 compliant (both 32-bit and 64-bit).

Friedrich