PDA

View Full Version : Web Update Issue

c.curtis
08-25-2016, 03:00 PM
I am using SB10 Developer Trial version.

I've followed the example (http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?9459-HOWTO-Add-live-Internet-version-updating-to-my-program), but I must be missing something because my app will not update. I left the host directory setting blank because the files are in the root of my server, but correctly filled out the rest of the web update fields. I created the regular project file and installed my project. Then I created a web update project and put everything from the /web folder into the root folder of my server. When I launch my app it launches as normal without checking for an update. Any idea what I'm missing?

Also, when I try to create a web update project it asks me to select the original installation project file, but only allows me to select sb7,sb8,etc files. The setup project I created saved as a .sbp file. I was able to type the path in, but could not add the project from the file picker.

linder
08-26-2016, 03:35 AM
Hello,

Do you call the wupdate.exe or wucheck.exe client from your own app to let it check for updates?

BTW, there is a bug in the wizard (already fixed in the latest internal version). In the file dialog (in File name), just enter *.sbp <RETURN> and it will display all .sbp projects. You only need this if you would like to use the wizard.

Does this help?

Friedrich

c.curtis
08-26-2016, 07:43 AM
I messed up. My app was not calling wupdate.exe correctly. Is there a way to run this silently and only show it if there is an update available?

EDIT: wupdate.exe /S works.