PDA

View Full Version : /V works and doesnt work - perhaps

MarkRiffey
02-14-2020, 02:35 PM
I have 2 scripts using the /V feature. One is a test script, which works. The other is a production script, which doesnt.

The command line looks like this:

SetupFileName.EXE /S /Q /V _PAC_ "A long string of gibberish with no embedded spaces"

Working script:

"Working" means the message displays the value included on the command line after the /V _PAC_ "ie, this value"

Not working script:

Is there something about the DLL call that requires we do something differently?

When the not-working script is run, the DLL displays a window, even when /V _PAC_ "stuff" is used.

Mark

linder
02-15-2020, 05:47 AM
Hi Mark,

it's working fine here. I have created a GETPCC.DLL demo DLL and a SetupBuilder project.

Source code (Clarion .PRJ and SetupBuilder 10 .SBP) can be found here:
https://www.setupbuilder.com/projects/PACDLL.zip

See attached screenshots. The Clarion DLL displays the "A long string of gibberish with no embedded spaces" value from the command line.

Does this help?

Friedrich

MarkRiffey
03-22-2020, 10:08 PM
Friedrich,

I found a bug in the script, so that helped somewhat re: the PAC string.

We also had a feature selection not being set when /S was used... kind of important if all of the files are associated with the feature:)

Mark

MarkRiffey
03-23-2020, 12:36 PM
Friedrich,

In a related matter, should /X require this IF ELSE END code in order to avoid having the dialog override the /X value I provided on the command line?

Mark

linder
03-24-2020, 12:34 PM
Mark,

Yes, you can do this to avoid the Select Install Folder dialog. But what I do is I handle this from within the LOOP WIZARD and then fire a Hide Wizard Dialog "#3" action.

Friedrich

MarkRiffey
03-24-2020, 05:38 PM
Mark,

Yes, you can do this to avoid the Select Install Folder dialog. But what I do is I handle this from within the LOOP WIZARD and then fire a Hide Wizard Dialog "#3" action.

Friedrich

The "Check for /X" strategy didnt seem to work, so I will try the solution you provided:)

Thanks!

Mark