PDA

View Full Version : Unable To Install SetupBuilder 8.0.4000

Bobbiebullock
05-23-2022, 06:52 AM
Good afternoon, friends. I hope all is well with you. Today I am posting this in response to a need. Whenever I attempt to install "SetupBuilder 8.0.4000" on my Windows 10 PC, it shows an “error opening file for writing” message. The issue continues to occur even after I try to install it with my best effort. Is there anyone who can tell me the way to solve this problem? I would appreciate any suggestions.

linder
05-24-2022, 01:11 AM
Hello,

could you please post a screenshot?

BTW, SetupBuilder 8.0 reached End of Life more than eight years ago on January 18, 2014.

Friedrich

Bobbiebullock
05-24-2022, 01:57 AM
Thanks for replying. I found this (https://digicruncher.com/error-opening-file-for-writing/) online and tried the troubleshooting mentioned. I just changed the security permission with the help of the article and solved the issue.

linder
05-24-2022, 11:15 AM
Hello,

it's is not a good idea to change security permissions and give write access to protected Windows resources (e.g. the "Program Files" folder tree)!

The SetupBuilder development system itself is a mixed-mode application and works correctly when running elevated or non-elevated. It's fully UAC-aware and -compliant.

Friedrich