PDA

View Full Version : FTP Error prevents upload

meercat
12-13-2007, 08:22 AM
Hello,

I am new to the product (Developer version 6.7.2077) and would not be surprised if the problem is mine, but I would appreciate your patience.

We have set up a project with the intention to auto-post the build to our FTP site. However, one of two errors is always being return (6 or 12003).

I have set up the FTP details in both "Project > Settings > Release Distribution" and "Tools > Options > FTP Profile". These details work with FileZilla without problem. I have tried enabling and disabiling Passive mode. I have set lower-case chars to on and off. I have retyped the password many times, and tried to point many different locations, as in folders and sub-folders. I have set port to NULL, as it is in FZ and also to 21. I have restarted the application many times and also tried to upload a generated project many times in succession, each time I get the same error 6 or 12003.

Any advice on how I might begin to solve this problem will be most appreciated.

Regards.
Allex

linder
12-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Allex,

What do you have in the "FTP Location" field (General Information -> Release Distribution)?

Friedrich

meercat
12-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Hi Friedrich,

FTP Location: ftp.meercat.com.au/updates/trek

Also have tried:
/ftp.meercat.com.au/updates/trek
ftp.meercat.com.au/updates/trek/
/ftp.meercat.com.au/updates/trek/
ftp.meercat.com.au\updates\trek

etc.

linder
12-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Hi Allex,

Does "updates/trek" already exist (case sensitive)?

Friedrich

meercat
12-13-2007, 11:44 PM
yes they do, they are lower case.

Here is some output from FileZilla as it loads the files up into the same directory:
200 PORT command successful.
Command: STOR Trek_Setup.00106
Response: 257 "/meercat.com.au/updates/trek" is current directory.
Response: 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for Trek_Setup.00106.

I have also tried "/meercat.com.au/updates/trek" and "meercat.com.au/updates/trek" as locations, but to no avail. I have also switched off my firewall (Windows) in case that was involved.

linder
12-14-2007, 01:09 AM
To be frank, I have no idea :( FTP is done via the standard Windows WinINet component. Why this does not work, I have no idea. We have checked this on all machines here and the feature works fine. And we did not receive a similar report.

Would it be possible for you to give us temporary access to your FTP server (or a specific folder on your FTP server)? Please contact me via private email at friedrich (at) lindersoft (dot) com.

Thanks,
Friedrich