PDA

View Full Version : Controlling placement of Uninstaller EXE

meercat
12-20-2007, 09:12 AM
Hi,

How does one go about controlling the placement of the uninstaller EXE. At the moment, it is being placed in the directory from which I launch the installer, but I want it to be in the application's program directory, which is where the uninstall log is going.

Thanks
Alex

andrea
12-20-2007, 09:19 AM
Alex,

Of course, it is NOT placed in the directory from which you launch the installer. It's (by default) installed to main installation directory.

See "General Information" -> "Product Properties" -> Uninstall Name and Uninstall Log entries.

If this is not the case, you have changed it :)

Does this help?

andrea
12-20-2007, 09:29 AM
By the way, I fear you have it completely wrong in your script.

You should never ever use something like the following (only if the user really should not change the target folder):

Install File "[MEERCAT_PROGRAMS]\TrekLauncher.exe" to "%_CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\Meercat\TrekLauncher.exe" (Always Install) [Version/Date/Time]

%_CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES% is a fixed location.

And you are not using a default installation folder (%_SB_INSTALLDIR%) anywhere in your script.

So if you would like to leave it as it is (really not recommended, but it's your script), you should at least set %_SB_INSTALLDIR% to %_CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\Meercat

Does this help?

linder
12-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Alex,

I assume your %_SB_INSTALLDIR% variable is empty (e.g. caused by your "Detect Previous Version" function call).

Just set your %_SB_INSTALLDIR% variable to the installation folder and your are done.

Friedrich