PDA

View Full Version : #1158 - Thank you

Jorge Alejandro Lavera
06-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Hi, Friedrich.
I just wanted to let you know that I think that SB5 Developer is an amazing piece of software. I'm not even know up to 20% of it, and I'm getting awesome results out of it.
For example, I have to update daily two major instalations over internet remote. One with full sources, was an over 40MB ZIP transfer, the other just executables, was bigger than 20Mb. Now with the patch feature, its only 20MB after a total redo (like when changed from 6.1 to 6.2), otherwise is around 5MB! And the other one is 9Mb for a whole redo, while the daily regular updates now are around 500 Kb!!!
Just the time I'm saving in internet transfers worth the price of the product.
But there is more... The Delayed File Install works like a charm. My instalator detected a file in use, and the whole thing went back, without rebooting. No more pitfalls for my users! They used to ignore the installer messages in SB4, leaving the system half installed, now this is impossible. Great!!
I think you just need to make the go from SB4 to SB5 a bit easier. For example, a detailed How To section would be great, and a Full Featured complex example would be usefull as well (not instead but added to the usefull but disperse tiny examples supplied). I fill about the script languaje like when I learned ABC many years ago... A month or two to fill in, and 30 seconds to understand it (Like "Ohhh, that is how it works!! NOW I get it!).
I'm looking forward to the complete documentation, so I can get deeper into this amazing product.
Just wanted to let you know!
Jorge A. Lavera

linder
06-13-2005, 08:58 AM
Jorge,

Thank you so much for your kind words :) It means a lot to us.

We are working on the final SB5 documentation now (and on tutorials, of course).

Thanks again,
Friedrich