PDA

View Full Version : Again Code signing

Phil
02-29-2008, 06:18 AM
Sorry, dont wanted to post in the old Thread.

1.) There is a bug in setup builder - if you compile with code signing (General Informations) he doenstn compile with the Code. "You" have to insert the pwd when sb6 compiles your project. Normally it inserts it automatically, but the PKEY.EXE seems to be buggy. I tried it with an older PKEY.EXE aaand - it worked.
It would be very nice if you fix it.

2.) Where is the code-signing in the Script Editor? I inserted the entrys in the General Information Tab and now i want it to be displayed at the script editor. Is there any way to see it there?

Much thanks!
Phil.

linder
02-29-2008, 06:24 AM
Phil,

No bug in PKEY.EXE :)

Please see:
http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2170

and:
http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2202

I don't understand question 2, sorry. Code-signing in the script editor for your applications can be done with the "#code-sign application..." compiler directive.

Friedrich

Phil
02-29-2008, 06:34 AM
Thanks.

I want to build a if-statement around the #code-sginin. (for test compilations)
In my script you can see:
If %CODE% equals "1" then
#code-signin application C:\....\Project_[MAKE].exe
End

it doesnt care wich value the %CODE% variable contains, my setup is always code-signend.

linder
02-29-2008, 07:18 AM
Phil,

I fear it's still not clear, sorry :-(

1. The General Information -> Digital Signature code-signs your installer and uninstaller. No file name required.

2. The "#code-sign application" compiler directive can be used to code-sign your own application files (DLL, EXE, etc.). File name required.

So what would you like to do: 1. or 2. or both :)

And what should the #if statement do?

Thanks,
Friedrich

Phil
02-29-2008, 07:28 AM
ah ok, i didnt know.

First: i want both.

2nd: i want sb6 to compile my project without signin my files and withough signin the setup itself IF the %CODE% variable isnt 1.

i need it for test compilations.

linder
02-29-2008, 07:50 AM
Phil,

But %CODE% is an installer "runtime" variable ;-) It does NOT have any value when you COMPILE the script! It has a value when you RUN the installer.

You can use compiler variables here, e.g. [CODE]

Then use "#ifcompvar" and you are done.

Does this help?

Friedrich

Phil
02-29-2008, 08:00 AM
i know. i defined it with a compilervar ... ^^

set %code% to [code] ...
^^
but ill try with this one, thanks!

Phil
02-29-2008, 08:03 AM
works perfect!
thanks!
but i still need a way to compile my project without signin itself. now it doesnt sign the files (#code sign app), but thats not enough :-P

(i love you for your ensurance!)

linder
02-29-2008, 08:26 AM
Phil,

You can't enable/disable the installer/uninstaller code-signing based on a compiler variable.

But you really should ALWAYS code-sign your installer/uninstaller!!!!

Friedrich

Phil
02-29-2008, 08:46 AM
Hm ok.
I know i should.
Much Much thanks for your help!
You are awesome!

Best wishes!
Your fan Phil

linder
02-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Thank you for your kind words :)

BTW, in SetupBuilder 7 it will be possible to switch on/off code-signing for the installer/uninstaller from the script!

Have a great weekend.

Friedrich