PDA

View Full Version : SB - Question of languages

Trevor Keegan
03-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Hi,

I am looking at switching to SB.....I would like to know if it is possible for me to add support for other languages.

If this is possible, could you please explain what are the steps that I need in order to create a new language (say) chinese.

Regards
Trevor Keegan

linder
03-07-2008, 01:01 AM
Trevor,

You can't "add" your own languages. Which languages do you need?

In Version 6.7, there is built-in support for 18 languages: Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese ,Romanian, Slovene, and Spanish. More translations might become available in the future.

BTW, Chinese is not supported in Version 6.

Friedrich

tkeegan
03-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Hello Friedrich

Thanks for your reply....I notice that there is another SB version due soon, will this allow me to define additional languages.....or will it still only have the languages that you have listed?

Regards
Trevor Keegan

linder
03-10-2008, 01:51 AM
Hello Trevor,

There are no plans to allow the custom addition of languages.

Friedrich

tkeegan
03-15-2008, 09:47 PM
Hello Friedrich,

I have found that in the tool...options....languages

it does appear that I am able to add in new languages here....it is just that I am not really sure how this works.

I have tried taking an existing file (say english), copying i to a new file and changing the internal name and ID. The problem is that the new language does not seem to appear in my project list for some reason.

It also appears that the Language editor does not support UNICODE....is this correct. Can I use the above method to add other (non UNICODE) language like Bahasa?

Regards
Trevor Keegan

linder
03-16-2008, 09:05 AM
Trevor,

You can "add" language files (.lng), but only for LCIDs that are on the official built-in SetupBuilder language file list. Bahasa (1057) is not on this list. But we can add that LCID to the next SetupBuilder build if you request it.

BTW, Unicode is not supported yet.

Friedrich

tkeegan
03-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Hello Friedrich,

Ahhh, OK now I understand. So the same would apply to chinese (or any other language), it is just a matter of enabling the language and getting someone to provide the translations.....correct?

Any ideas when you will be providing support for UNICODE?

Regards
Trevor Keegan

linder
03-17-2008, 01:23 AM
Trevor,

Ahhh, OK now I understand. So the same would apply to chinese (or any other language), it is just a matter of enabling the language and getting someone to provide the translations.....correct?

Absolutely correct!

Any ideas when you will be providing support for UNICODE?

The problem is that the development environment in which the SetupBuilder IDE is developed does not support Unicode yet. This will change in their upcoming version. But I don’t have an exact time frame yet. I can only say that Unicode support is on the top priority list.

Friedrich

MichalCh
08-08-2008, 03:40 AM
Do You have support for UNICODE chars inside sb dialogs allready? When in ASCII standard, OS must be set for specific language (restart needed) for displaying only one language set correctly .

Regards ,
Michał

linder
08-08-2008, 03:49 AM
Michal,

The Clarion 6 development environment, in which the SetupBuilder IDE is developed in, does not support Unicode yet. This will change in their upcoming Clarion 7 version.

Does this help?

Friedrich

MichalCh
08-08-2008, 06:02 AM
Let me know when SB7 will be announced?

linder
08-08-2008, 06:08 AM
Michal,

Our goal is to open the registration process for the SB7 beta later this month. The beta.1 should be available in Q3 2008.

http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9575

Because Clarion 7 is not available yet, please note that SB7 will not be developed with Clarion 7 and Unicode support will not be available.

Friedrich

MichalCh
08-08-2008, 06:24 AM
Big thanks for the information.

Michał

linder
08-08-2008, 07:23 AM
You are very welcome. Have a great weekend.

Friedrich