PDA

View Full Version : Command Line Compiles

Darrel Witham
03-18-2008, 03:57 PM
I am compiling multiple sb6 files within a batch file and need to know if there was an error (output from first sb6 is needed by the second sb6 and so on). I know I need to check for the compiler.txt file. This batch file can be ran from either an XP or Vista PC which means the compiler.txt file is in different locations.

Can I override the folder location of compiler.txt file just for the duration of this batch file job?

Darrel
dwitham@pdsmed.com
Professional Data services, Inc

linder
03-19-2008, 12:52 AM
Hi Darrel,

The compiler.txt log file is always located in C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Lindersoft\SetupBuilder 6. So it's not really in different locations. It's always stored in the standard CSIDL_APPDATA location :)

But I like the idea to be able to specify the folder location of compiler.txt. We'll add this to the next build.

Thanks,
Friedrich

linder
03-19-2008, 04:43 AM
Darrel,

Added to our latest internal source codes now. The /L switch can override the folder location of compiler.txt.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Friedrich

Darrel Witham
04-15-2008, 07:50 AM
I have the command line below in a batch file and nothing happens? All I added was the /L and folder name.

"D:\Lindersoft\SetupBuilder 6 Developer\sbuilder.exe" /L "D:\Lindersoft" /C "D:\Lindersoft\SetupBuilder 6 Developer\Projects\Version 6.000\wssetup.sb6"

linder
04-15-2008, 08:00 AM
Darrel,

Change it to:

"D:\Lindersoft\SetupBuilder 6 Developer\sbuilder.exe" /C "D:\Lindersoft\SetupBuilder 6 Developer\Projects\Version 6.000\wssetup.sb6" /L "D:\Lindersoft"

and you should be done. The /C switch "activates" the command line compiler, so it has to be the first switch in your command line.

Does this help?

Friedrich

Darrel Witham
04-15-2008, 08:07 AM
That did it. Thanks for you quick and correct response. Darrel

linder
04-15-2008, 08:09 AM
You are welcome. We'll add a note to the documentation.

Thanks,
Friedrich