PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Problem with SetupBuilder 6.7

MorningFlight
03-24-2008, 07:22 AM
Hi Friedrich,

Haven't had time to really wring out SetupBuilder, but here is something odd I've run into with my first sample installation: Graphics that look fine in the original Clarion .exe and in countless installations done with InstallShield over the years come out looking like the second screen capture below when installed with SetupBuilder. The problem seems to be limited to radio controls and check boxes. The OS is XP. Still need to try it with VISTA.

I'm very impressed with SB from what I've seen so far, but this is worrisome. Any ideas?

Hal Heindel
www.printshopmakeover.com

linder
03-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Hal,

And why do you think this is caused by SetupBuilder <g>. It's a problem in YOUR application ;)

Hope this helps.

Friedrich

linder
03-24-2008, 10:06 AM
By the way, there are tons of messages on the Internet with regard to your problem.

I think the following should give you an idea and is an interesting reading:

http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2490

Especially this one:
http://www.lindersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9811#post9811

Does this help?

Just for the record. It is NOT a SetupBuilder problem in any way - it's a problem in YOUR application.

Friedrich

MorningFlight
03-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Friedrich,

Your second answer helped a lot more than your first one.;) Glad to know I'll be able to continue on with SetupBuilder.

FYI, the app was compiled with Clarion 5.5. I own 6.3, the 7 beta, and the .NET Enterprise beta. Haven't switched to 6.3 because of the change in thread management. When I do port, I'm planning to go straight to .NET.

Since it's the manifest that's causing the problem, it didn't "manifest" itself (sorry!) in InstallShield. Not to put too fine a point on it, but manifests still can't be embedded into apps with InstallShield. Yet they're absolutely mandatory for VISTA to avoid virtualization. One of the main reasons why I started looking at SB.

Thanks for the great support.

Hal Heindel
www.printshopmakeover.com

linder
03-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Hi Hal,

You are welcome :)

BTW, if you run our own SetupBuilder IDE (compiled with Clarion 6.3) under XP or Vista (or whatever) you'll notice that checkboxes, etc. do not have this "black box" problem. And we have the Vista-aware manifest embedded.

Friedrich