PDA

View Full Version : SB4 Standard

Kevin
07-01-2004, 05:12 PM
I do not see a Forum for SB4, so I apologize in advance for this.

I am needing to make a install for 2 different software types.

In SB4 Standard, you can make an install, but the install properties seem to be for the single software type.

I guess what I am trying to say is I need a option window to select which sotware type you want to install. I know I should't mention it, but I am sure you know what I am talking about with Instllshield(sorry) where you get a selection or can create different options for the user to choose from.

Hope I havent made anyone mad, but I am hoping that someone can tell me how to make this happen without have to create 3 different installs and then a from end to choose whice one to install.

Thanks in advance
Kevin

linder
07-02-2004, 08:21 AM
Kevin,

What about using the Setup Type feature in SB4? In SB4 you can create up to 5 different setup types.

Does this help?

Kevin
07-05-2004, 12:38 AM
Friedrich,

I will look when I get back to the office on Tuesday, I think I looked into that, but the problem is the install properties has all the information for the install, including the default directory and all the version information. I have 3 different software installs with different directories and versions. I do not think it can be done, but I did want to run it past you guys to be sure.

Thanks again
Kevin

Kevin
07-06-2004, 07:32 AM
Kevin,

What about using the Setup Type feature in SB4? In SB4 you can create up to 5 different setup types.

Does this help?

OK I have looked and I can not find the setups types that you refer to.
I am using Setup Builder 4 Standard v4.03.

I can find where you can have different groups and folders under the files section of the setup, but that does not do what I am wanting to do.

Thanks
Kevin

linder
07-06-2004, 08:00 AM
Hi Kevin,

Please check:

User Interface Tab -> Select Setup Type

The Setup Types dialog allows you to specify the components, which will be included with your, say, Typical, Compact and Custom setup types. SetupBuilder 4 supports up to six different setup types.

By the way, SetupBuilder 5 supports up to 50 Setup Types.

Please let me know if this helps!

Thanks,