PDA

View Full Version : Online Communit

Arnor
11-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Hi Friedrich, Excellent job:) I have some problems with the browser in the "Online Community" option on the start page: 1. It does not accept Enter/Return keys and it does not accept the Delete key in the message editor. 2. There are no navigation buttons so it can be difficult to figure out how to get back to where you started. Best regards (sorry, no enter key = no linebreaks<g>)

linder
11-29-2005, 01:54 AM
Thank you, Arnor :)

Very interesting problem. Seems to be caused by the Microsoft Shell.Explorer.2 object. I have a (Microsoft) demo source written in C++ and the Delete Key also does not work. The Enter key works fine.

When I compile my Clarion source code with C55 then the Enter key works fine. Compiled with C62, the Enter key does nothing.

Thanks,

linder
11-29-2005, 03:05 AM
I found out that it's caused by the MDI option. I fear it cannot be fixed :(

Arnor
11-30-2005, 12:16 PM
Hi Friedrich,

Could the browser be opened in a separate process as a non-mdi window? Not being able to use Enter/Delete is kind of limiting<bg>

Best regards,

linder
11-30-2005, 11:50 PM
Hi Arnor,

I agree. The Enter/Delete key issue is annoying. During the last three days I tried everything, but no way. I contacted SV.

The Delete Key issue is caused by the Microsoft Shell.Explorer.2 object (I have several VC++ source codes with the same problem). There is no known workaround available (I have contacted MS support). The Enter Key issue is not caused by the Shell.Explorer.2 object.

Thanks,

Arnor
12-01-2005, 12:09 PM
Hi Friedrich,

Just to test, this message is written using CapeSoft's FileExplorer Browse demo. Both the Enter and Delete keys work here. This is not a MDI window though... Will recompile and report. This is compiled in Clarion 6.2 build 9046.

Best regards,

Arnor
12-01-2005, 12:13 PM
Hi Friedrich,

Ok, this is with the window set to MDI. Everything works properly here... I've tested it on both my desktop and laptop and it works perfectly.

Best regards,

linder
12-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Arnor,

Perhaps they are not using the Microsoft Shell.Explorer.2 object? I don't know. SV is working on the Enter key thing and the Microsoft "remove key" ticket is still open. The Enter key does not work on any of VC++ source codes I found on the Internet. Strange...

I don't use FileExplorer (SetupBuilder 5 is "3rd party free" <bg>)

linder
12-02-2005, 12:52 AM
Hi Arnor,

Please see private email (source code demo). Do you have any idea?

Thanks,